Nasi Uduk Merah is not only healthy but also tasty. For that reason alone, you shouldn't feel hesitate to try out this dish
Kitchenesia.com – If you are currently on diet, Nasi Uduk Merah (Coconut Brown Rice) is suitable for your lunch siide dish. I won’t hurt your calories intake. The food containts fiber and nutrition that you need to keep your metabolism going with ease. Its healthy merit especially lies in the use of brown sugar that is known to be less in calories and high fiber compared to its fellow counterpart of white rice. Other condiments and topping only add delicacy to its already delectable taste.
Let’s learn how to make it by following the recipe below!
Duration : 60 minutes
Yields : 6 servings
Ingredients for Uduk rice:
500 grams of brown rice, wash thoroughly
1 bay leaf
1 lemongrass stalk, memarkan
3 cm cinnamon
2 teaspoons of salt
1,350 ml of coconut milk from 1/2 coconut
Ingredients for scrambled tempeh:
300 grams tempeh, cut a large match, fried
4 shallots, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 large red chili, seeded, sliced
1 bay leaf
2 cm galangal, bruised
3 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon raw sugar
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of oil for sauteing
Ingredients for topping:
100 gram starch crackers
5 marinated tempeh
3 eggs and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, for making omelette
3 tablespoons fried onions as topping
1. Uduk rice steps: boil coconut milk, bay leaves, lemongrass, cloves, cinnamon, and salt while stirring until it boils. Add rice. Cook while stirring occasionally until it sinks in.
2. Steam for 30 minutes over medium heat until cooked.
3. Screambled tempeh steps: saute shallots, garlic, large red chili, bay leaves, and galangal until fragrant. Add sweet soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir well. Pouring water. Cook until it boils.
4. Add tempeh. Stir well. Cook until cooked and soaked.
5. Serve Nasi Uduk Merah with the condiments.