Let's learn how to cook this ancient street cake of Indonesia, Putu Ayu Wijen Hitam! This delightful piece is worth your try
Kitchenesia.com - Who can resist Putu Ayu Wijen Hitam delicacy Everyone agrees that this cake is one of Indonesia's treasured cake.
It's extremely smooth texture accompanies with sweet and pandanus aromatic smell what makes this cake such an effortless calling to many. Additional condiment, that of Wijen Hitam only adds delicacy to the cake.
Let's learn how to make it by following Kitchenesia steps below!
Duration : 45 minutes
Yields : 18 pieces
50 ml of suji leaf water, (from 30 pieces of suji leaves and 2 pieces of pandan leaves, blend, filter)
100 grams of granulated sugar
50 grams of rice flour
100 grams of medium protein flour
50 grams of instant coconut milk
2 drops of dark green coloring
1 teaspoon of black sesame
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the base part
100 grams of coarse grated coconut
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Mix evenly all the ingredients for the base part.
2. Arrange the coconut at the base of a putu ayu mold with oil. Press a little so that it's tight. Set it aside for awhile.
3. Stir evenly eggs and sugar until it is fluffy.
4. Put in the rice flour and wheat flour alternately with suji leaf water, instant coconut milk, dark green coloring, black sesame and salt, while sifting and stirring it evenly.
5. Put the dough in a mold with shredded coconut base (pour it beforehand before the dough is put in, follow step 2).
6. Steam the dough over medium heat for 15 minutes until it is fully cooked.