Semprit Melon is one of Indonesia's cookies known for its crunchy texture. Have this snack for in fasting time.
Kitchenesia.com – One bite of Semprit Melon (Indonesian Butter Cookies with Melon Flavor) simply won’t enough because most probably you will go for another. As holy month is here, you can prepare a light snack to break the fasting before going to the main course. Something sweet has been known recommended to be consumed as it will help the body to adjust first, by increasing in sugar level.
Have this crunchy snack within everyone reach in your home! Happy trying!
Duration : 50 minutes
Yields : 375 gram
150 grams of margarine
50 grams of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of melon syrup
3 drops of green coloring
20 grams of egg yolk
175 grams of flour cake
25 grams of cornstarch
20 grams of milk powder
5 red cherries, cut into small squares
1. Stir evenly margarine and icing sugar for 2 minutes. Add egg yolk, melon syrup, and green coloring. Stir evenly again.
2. Put in the flour cake, cornstarch, and milk powder while stirring it evenly.
3. Put the dough in a triangular plastic bag and add a star syringe
4. Spray on a baking sheet smeared with margarine. Put cherry pieces on top.
5. Put in the oven under a temperature of 150 degrees celsius for 20 minutes until it is fully cooked.