Learn to make a simple yet scrumptious bola mi goreng (fried noodles balls) at home with this step-by-step recipe!
Kitchenesia.com - Besides rice and eggs, noodles should be in staple stock in your refrigerator for it is simple to process. This versatile dish is also carbohydate-rich, making it a fitting food to eat as lunch.
Noodles is a easy to process as munchies as well, just like this simple yet scrumptious Bola Mie Goreng (fried noodles balls). When the urge to snack kicks in, leave out all store-bought snacks on the shelf and try to make your own at home.
Don't worry the recipe below provides simple instructions that even a first-time cook can follow easily!
Duration: 30 minutes
Yields: 16 balls
100 grams (1 package) egg noodles.
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
250 ml full-cream UHT milk
100 grams ground chicken
3 pieces of smoked beef, cut into very small dices
100 grams cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon chopped celery
500 ml vegetable oil
1. Boil noodles in a pot and bring it to boil over medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally in between. When it is soft, transfer noodles to colander to drain excess water. Chop noodles into very small pieces.
2. Heat butter in a pan over medium flame. When it simmers, add yellow onion and stir until fragrant. Add flour to the pan and stir into making globs. Pour milk slowly while stirring constantly.
3. Add ground chicken and smoked beef to the pan and stir until brown. Add noodles, cheese, salt, pepper powder, nutmeg powder, and celery. Stir until combined and thickened. Remove to bowl and Let it cool down to room temperature.
4. Take a spoonful of the dough and roll into making balls using hands. Repeat this step until the dough runs out.
5. Fry noodles balls over medium heat wok and stir until golden brown.