Learn how to cook tim ceker manis pedas (steamed chicken feet with sweet-spicy stock) by following this fail-proof recipe.
It's time to enjoy guilty pleasure foods guilt-free.
Kitchenesia.com - Enjoying ceker manis pedas (steamed chicken feet with sweet-spicy stock) can harm your dignity a bit. Not only does chewing an animal's legs look off-putting, but the usage of cutlery is also dismissed. But hey, since working at home becomes a thing, no colleague would complain about what you eat at home.
Follow the recipe below to make use of the chicken feet tastily.
Duration: 45 minutes
Yields: for 3 persons
300 grams chicken feet
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cm piece of ginger, minced
3 red chillis, cut on the diagonal
3 cayenne peppers, sliced
1 scallion, cut on the diagonal
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper powder
200 ml water
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat cooking oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, red chillis, cayenne peper, and scallion to the pan. Stir until fragrant. Add chicken feet then stir until well-mixed.
2. Add oyster sauce, sweet soy saucem salt, sugar, and pepper powder. Stir until blended. Pour water then cook until boiled.
3. Once boiled, add sesame oil the stir again until blended. Remove from pan.
4. Pour it into heat-resistant glass ware. Steam on a medium heat for 30 minutes.
5. Tim ceker manis pedas (steamed chicken feets with sweet-spicy stock) is ready to dig in.