Follow Kitchenesia's recipe of Sautéed Asparagus with Taosi Broth, a healthy lunch food that is kid's favorite!
Kitchenesia.com - The healthy asparagus is now more delectable with a combination of star mushrooms and taoisi. Follow the recipe below to prepare Sautéed Asparagus with Taosi Broth, healthy and tasty veggies to accompany lunch.
Duration: 30 minutes
Yields: 2 portions
300 grams asparagus, cleaned and chopped for 15 cm
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 tablespoon frying oil
100 grams straw mushrooms, chopped
5 meatballs, halved
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 cm ginger, crushed
2 tablespoons fermented black beans (tausi)
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/4 teaspoon white sugar
250 ml water
1 egg, beaten with a fork
1/2 tablespoon corn starch, dissolve it with 1/2 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon frying oil
1. Heat oil on a medium fire. Stir-fry garlic until fragrant. Add asparagus into the pan and stir until withered. Set aside.
2. To make the broth: Heat oil on a medium fire. Add garlic and ginger to the pan. Stir-ry until fragrant.
3. Add straw mushrooms and meatballs into the pan. Stir until blend. Add taosi, fish sauce, white pepper and sugar. Stir until blended.
4. Pour water into the pan then let it until boiled. Add egg and corn starch. Stir until blended.
5. Add sesame oil into the pan. Stir until blended.
6. Arrange asparagus on a plate. Pour the broth on it.