Follow this recipe of Nasi Tim Udang Telur (Steamed Shrimp Rice With Eggs) to energize body and mind!
Kitchenesia.com - Nasi Tim used to be popular back then in 2000s, with many bicycle food cart sold this dish in the morning as breakfast. But the similar situation becomes rare today.
Cooking nasi tim indeed takes time and plentiful ingredients, but it is never wrong to cook one during weekend as breakfast meal.
Duration: 90 minutes
Yields: 6 plates
200 gram rice grain
500 ml water
Ingredients to Sauté:
200 grams pink shrimp, chopped
100 gram mirepoix
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 yellow onion, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 sesame oil
1 leek, sliced
1 teaspoon of corn stratch water from 1/2 teaspon of corn stratch and 1/2 teaspon of water
200 ml water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Heat cooking oil on a medium fire pan. Add garlic and yellow onion. Stir-fry until fragrant.
2. Add shrimp and stir until brown. Add mirepoix, fish sauce, salt, white pepper, and sugar. Stir well.
3. Pour water into the pan. When boiled, add corn stratch water. Stir until bubbles appear on the surface. Add sesame oil and leek. Stir well. Set aside.
4. How to make steamed rice: boil water until boiled. Add rice grain wite stirring. Steam for 30 minutes over a medium file until soft. Take a generous part of the rice and put it on a bowl.
5. Separate the rice from bowl while keeping the bowl shape intact. Put rice on a plate. Add sautéed shrimp on top.
6. Serve nasi tim udang telur (steamed shrimp rice with eggs) as a breakfast meal.