When usually sauce for Maduranese Chicken Satay is made of peanut, here we replace it with more savory cashew nut.
200 grams chicken thigh fillet,cubed
200 grams chicken breast fillet,cubed
marinade sauce ingredients:
2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
¼ teaspoon white pepper powder
peanut sauce ingredients:
300 grams cashew nut,fried, coarsely ground
5 curly red chili peppers,fried, ground
12 cloves shallot,fried quickly in whole, ground
6 cloves garlic,fried quickly in whole, ground
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown palm sugar,finely chopped
3 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1,500 ml water
sweet soy sauce
jeruk lima (sambal lime) juice
1. Marinate chicken in the marinade sauce ingredients. Let it set for 20 minutes.
2. Skewers chicken thigh along with chicken breast with the bamboo skewers.
3. Grill satay over charcoal grill until well done.
4. Peanut sauce: mix cashew nut, chili peppers, shallots, garlics, and brown sugar. Mix well.
5. Pour in water. Cook it while at the same time stirring it until oily. Add in sweet soy sauce. Mix it well.
6. Put chicken satay on a plate. Drench it with cashew nut sauce.
7. Maduranese Chicken Satay with Cashew Sauce is ready to serve. (19 skewers)