Learn how to cook telur dadar sayur bumbu semur (omelette with semur sauce) by following this fail-proof and easy recipe.
Kitchenesia.com - No one can resist the convenience of omelette. It is easy, cheap, and customizable – definitely a perfect dish for lazy weekdays.
This versatile food also offers unlimitedly customizable– add some fillings or seasoning and you will get a new kind of omelette.
To jazz up your omelette game, below is telur dadar sayur bumbu semur (omelette with semur sauce), a variation of omelette that you should try when you have more time to experiment in the kitchen.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: for 3 persons
1 carrot, diced then boiled
1 bunch of spinach, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp pepper powder
3 tbs sweet soy sauce
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 candle nuts
3 garlic cloves
1. Grind all seasoning paste ingredients using granite/stone mortar and pestle.
2. Mix eggs, carrot, spinach, salt, sugar, and pepper powder in a bowl, set aside. Prepare a non-stick pancake pan and brush cooking oil on every hole.
3. fill egg mix into the pancake pan about three-quarters full. Make sure to cook both sides, then set aside.
4. To make the semur seasoning: prepare a pan and heat oil over medium heat. Once simmering, add seasoning paste then stir until fragrant. Add water and sweet soy sauce, stir until boiled.
5. Add the excess salt, sugar, pepper powder and nutmeg powder, stir until blended. Add omelette then stir until well-blended.
*TIP: You can use an instant semur seasoning for less time-consuming cooking.