Learn how to make Martabak Terang Bulan (stuffed sweet pancake) for working from home's dessert snack with this step-by-step recipe!
Kitchenesia.com - Think of cooking this “Indonesian pancake” as a chance to learn life skill. Every material in this cake making is supposed to be up-for-grabs in our kitchen cabinet, such as eggs, sugar, and flour.
Martabak makes a fitting food for cooking experiments, as well. Simply put any confectionary products to enhance its flavours – milk or cheese. Martabak is failproof.
Today's recipe is Martabak Terang Bulan (stuffed sweet pancake). If you want to try a self-taught cooking class at home, this dessert is definitely a great start.
Perhaps after mastering this dish, you would consider cooking it as everyday convenience food for two reasons: tasty and easy.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: for 3 persons
250 grams all-purpose flour
27 grams (about 3 tbsp or 1 sachet) full-cream powdered milk
1 chicken egg
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
100ml cooking oil
40 grams margarine
3 tbsp sugar
1. Place all-purpose flour, powder milk, baking powder, sugar, and egg in a bowl. Then, pour water slowly. Mix ingredients using the electric mixer on a low speed. Let it mix until combined and smooth. You can add more water if there’s glob in the mixture. One it is smooth, turn off the mixer.
2. Add baking soda, cooking oil, and salt to the bowl. Mix it briefly and softly using fork until just combined. Put the lid on top of the bowl, and let them absorb for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a medium-sized Teflon pan over moderate heat. Take about 2-ladle amount of the mixture and place them in the pan. Put the lid on and cook at low heat.
4. When the mixture is simmering (half-cooked), sprinkle sugar on top of it. Put the lid on again and wait for 2 minutes.
5. Remove pancake from pan. Add chocolate sprinkles, condensed milk, or milk powder on top of it, adjust to your liking.
6. Serve Martabak Terang Bulan (stuffed sweet pancake) as a weekend dessert.