Make this sweet yet simple Kue Putri Salju (crescent-shaped cookies with sugar coating) to highlight the cooking table during Ied Al-Fitr.
Kitchenesia.com - Only in the two-day Ied Al-Fitr in Indonesia, a fierce game is unavoidable among homemade cookies. But Kue Putri Salju (crescent-shaped cookies with sugar coating) outwon them all as it is an iconic celebration cookie. Nothing says Ied Al-Fitr more than the cookie’s crispy sensation and sweetness that can warm everyone's heart.
But the hype over Kue Putri Salju – and other cookies as well – might decrease because the current pandemic limiting people to gather. Pandemic or not, nothing can stop you from celebrating the holy days with special food. And Kue Putri Salju is a perfect cookie to celebrate Ied Al-Fitr’s sweetness.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 500 grams
150 grams margarine
75 grams flour sugar
1 chicken egg yolk
1/2 tsp pandan essence
75 grams shredded coconut
140 grams cake flour (low protein)
30 grams corn starch
20 grams powdered milk
100 grams dusting sugar
1. Prepare a baking sheet and apply margarine on its surface. Set aside.
2. Place margarine and flour sugar in bowl. Blend using mixer in medium speed. Add egg yolk and pandan essence, mix well for 4 minutes.
3. Add shredded coconut, cake flour, and corn starch to the bowl. While blending with mixer, sift powdered milk to the bowl using fine-mesh strainer.
4. Take a spoon of mixture and roll it lengthwise into rope shape. Form a crescent-shaped. Repeat this step until the mixture runs out. Put crescent-shaped cookies on baking sheet (step 1).
5. Bake over 130 C/266 F fire for 40 minutes. While baking, prepare a plate and pour dusting sugar on it. After 40-minute baking, put putri salju cookies on a dusting sugar and coat them thoroughly.