Learn how to make Oseng-Oseng Mercon Usus Ayam (sautéed spicy chicken intestine) for family's sohoor dish with this step-by-step recipe!
Kitchenesia.com - Simple and flavorful, Oseng-Oseng Mercon Usus Ayam (sautéed spicy chicken intes) is a tasty and healthy way to use up all those chicken intestine that take over your fridge.
This side dish is full of flavor and so quick to put together (just put all ingredients to heat and voila, you're done). The spiciness and savoriness are just right alongside almost any main dish you can think of.
This recipe also makes a quick cooking, a perfect dish if you're running out of time to prepare sohoor dish.
Tomorrow, wake up later; because this dish is ready to whip up in no time!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: for 5 persons
300 grams chicken intestine, boiled and chopped
3 kaffir lime leaves
2 bay leaves
1 lemongrass, crushed
4 green tomatoes, chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
100 ml water
1/2 tbsp tamarind juice,
1 tbsp cooking oil
5 garlic cloves
10 bird eye chili
1 tbsp shrimp paste
1. Place all sambal ingredients in pestle and grind them using mortar. Make sure to grind them half-smooth.
2. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. When simmers, add sambal, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves, and lemongrass. Stir until fragrant and blended.
3. Add green tomatoes, stir until wilted.
4. Add intestines, stir briefly. Pour water and tamarind juice, stir until cooked.
5. Serve Oseng-Oseng Mercon Usus Ayam (sautéed spicy chicken intestine) alongside steamed rice as sohoor dish..