For fulfilling lunch, try out this very comfort food of Bukittinggi, Kapau Curry as your side dish today.
Kitchenesia.com – This hearty Kapau Curry is suitable to be served as your lunch side dish. Its salty and bold soup combined with munchy adhering meat can’t be more perfect.
Have it ready on the table with rice for your your family!
Duration : 60 minutes
Yields : 6 servings
250 grams of adhering meat
1.3000 ml of water
250 grams of young jackfruit, cut into pieces and boil it
2 lemongrass stems, contused
5 pieces of orange leaves, remove the bones
2 pieces of turmeric leaves, remove the bones
4 cardamom grains
8 pieces (250 grams) of cabbage, take the layers, cut into squares
8 spices (100 grams) long beans, cut into 4 cm each
8 whole red cayenne peppers
2 pieces of kandis acid
5 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
1,200 ml coconut milk from 1 coconut
100 grams of grated coconut, roasted, mashed
Ingredients to grind altogether:
10 red onions
4 cloves garlic
2 large red chilies
4 curly red chilies
1 teaspoon of coriander
1 cm of ginger
1 cm galangal
2 cm turmeric, burn
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil the adhering meat with water until it is well-cooked. Take 1000 ml of its broth.
2. Boil spices, broth, lemongrass, orange leaves, turmeric leaves, and cardamom until it smells good.
3. Put altogether the adhering meat, jackfruit, long beans, cabbage, red cayenne pepper, candis acid, salt, and sugar. Cook until it is well-cooked.
4. Pour coconut milk. Stir evenly until it starts boiling. Add grated coconut then roast it. Stir evenly again.
5. Kapau curry is ready to be served.