Learn to make a simple yet scrumptious tahu isi petis (fried tofu stuffed with black shrimp paste) at home with this step-by-step recipe!
Kitchenesia.com - Big cities in Indonesia are all culinary powerhouses. You can find any kind of food in every corner of cities. Not to mention a gridlock, where you can find a plethora of fried delicacies called gorengan.
However, gorengan is not healthy-guaranteed for not only its oil is always recycled, but it is also exposed to pollution. Worry not, today's Kitchenesia recipe is about Tahu Isi Petis (fried tofu stuffed with black shrimp paste).
Tahu isi petis requires simple cooking steps and ingredients. All you need is easy-to-follow recipe to make it yourself at home, and the below recipe is the one.
Duration: 45 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
10 triangle-shaped tofu skin, halved then scrap off the white part inside
2 tablespoon frying oil
For dip sauce:
100 grams wheat flour
1 tablespoon rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
200 ml water
Mix all ingredients well.
100 grams mung beansprout
1 carrot, julienned
100 grams tofu white filling (from scrapping off the tofu on the step above)
5 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cayenne pepper, sliced
2 tablespoon balck shrimp paste (petis)
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon pepper
1/4 tablespoon sugar
100 ml water
1 scallion stalk, chopped
1. To make filling, heat oil in wok over medium fire. Add shallots, garlic, cayenne pepper, and black shrimp paste, stir constantly until fragrant and combined.
2. Add carrot and stir until wilted and absorbed
3. Add water while stirring. Slide off on different plate.
4. Fill all skin tofu with filling paste
5. Dip tofu with fillings into deep sauce. Fry on medium heated oil until brown.
5. Serve Tahu Petis (fried tofu with petis)