Pempek adaan (fried fish ball) has very interesting texture. the skin is crispy while the inside is soft and and fluffy. it is so good when combined with cuko sauce.
200 grams snakehead fish fillet,mashed
½ tablespoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon seasoning
2 cloves shallot,ground
2 scallion, finely sliced
100 ml coconut creamfrom ½ coconut
150 grams sago starch
cooking oil for frying
cuko sauce ingredients:
500 grams brown palm sugar,finely chopped
1,500 ml water
75 grams tamarind
1 teaspoons salt
2½ teaspoons vinegar
1. Knead snakehead fish, salt, sugar, seasoning, shallot, and scallion.
2. Pour in coconut milk gradually. While pouring, knead it until soft. Add in sago starch. Mix it well.
3. Coat your hands with sago starch. Form dough into small balls.
4. Fry it over low heat until golden brown and the skin is crispy.
5. Kuah Cuko: Boil brown palm sugar and water until the solid ingredients are dissolved into the liquid. Remove it from heat and strain it. Add in cuko ground spices blend, tamarind, vinegar, and salt. Cook them until boiling and thickened. Remove it from heat and strain it.
6. Serve Pempek Adaan (Fried Fish Ball) with cuko. (yields 20 pieces)