There are many versions of klapertart. one of them is this classic klapertart. you can make many variations out of this klapertart. let’s cook it! it is also a good business idea. this dish will even be a favorite snack in a food fair.
650 ml milk
150 grams sugar
½ teaspoon salt
30 grams all-purpose flour
50 grams corn starch
¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
2 tablespoons margarine
3 eggs, loosely beaten
2 young coconut, sliced lengthwise
50 grams raisins,soaked in hot water
30 grams persian walnuts,sliced lengthwise
white eggs mixture:
1 white egg
200 grams caster sugar
25 grams raisins
25 grams persian walnuts
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
1. Dissolve all-purpose flour and corn starch in a half of the milk.
2. Boil the remaining milk, sugar, and salt until boiling and the sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour in the all-purpose flour and corn starch mixture. Cook it and keep stirring it until thickened.
4. Add in margarine and egg. Stir well. Add young coconut, raisins, and Persian walnuts. Stir it well.
5. Pour the mixture into 20 x 20 cm aluminium dish polished with margarine. Put the filled aluminium dish in a wide dish filled with a little bit water.
6. Bake it in a preheated oven (lower element) with 160oC temperature for 60 minutes until well-cooked.
7. White eggs mixture: whisk egg whites to soft peak. Add in sugar gradually while keep stirring it until thickened and smooth.
8. Spoon it over klapertart. Form messy curls on top of it. Sprinkle it with raisin, Persian walnuts, and cinnamon powder.
9. Bake it in a preheated oven (upper element) with 170oC temperature for 20 minutes until browned. Let it cool.
10. Classic Klapertart is ready to serve.