Tahu Goreng Isi Petis (fried tofu with paste) is a fitting snack when rain season happening!
Kitchenesia.com - Big cities in Indonesia are all culinary powerhouses. You can find any kind of food in every corner of cities. Not to mention a gridlock, where you can find a plothera of fried delicacies called gorengan.
However, gorengan is not healthy-guaranteed for not only it is fried, but also exposed with pollution. Worry not, today's Kitchenesia recipe is about Tahu Petis (fried tofu with paste). Even though it is fried, at least you can make gorengan less unhealthy by cooking it yourself.
Yields: 10 servings
10 triangle-shaped tofu skin, halved then scrap off the white part inside.
2 tablespoon frying oil
Dip sauce ingredients:
100 gram wheat flour
1 tablespoon rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
200 ml water
Mix all ingredients well.
100 gram mung beansprout
1 carrot, cut julienne strips
100 gram tofu white filling
5 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cayenne pepper, sliced
2 tablespoon balck shrimp paste (petis)
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/4 tablespoon pepper
1/4 tablespoon sugar
100 ml water
1 leek, sliced.
1. For fillings, sautee shallots, garlic, cayenne pepper, and black shrimp paste until fragrant
2. Add carrot and sautee until withered and absorb.
3. Add water while stirring. Slide off on different plate.
4. Fill all skin tofu with filling paste
5. Dip tofu with fillings into deep sauce. Fry on medium heated oil until brown.