Banjarmasin has a must-try dish called soto banjar (spiced chicken clear soup). it is so good to accompany you in a rainy day. do not forget to serve it with sambal if you like spicy food.
1 free-range chicken
2,500 ml water
5 cm cinnamon
2 tablespoons salt
½ teaspoon white pepper powder
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
ground spices blend:
15 cloves shallot
8 cloves garlic
2 cm ginger
200 grams glass noodles,soaked in hot water
8 potato perkedel (frikkadel)
2 celery, sliced
2 scallion, sliced
4 hard-boiled eggs
2 tablespoons crispy shallot
1. Bring water to boil. Add chicken. Boil it along with clove and cinnamon until tender. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil on the pan. Sauté ground spices blend until fragrant. Pour it into the chicken soup.
3. Add salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook it until the chicken is well done.
4. Remove chicken from broth. Shred it.
5. Put the complements in the bowl. Add shredded chicken. Drench it with the broth.
6. Soto Banjar (Spiced Chicken Clear Soup) is ready to serve.